Thursday, December 6, 2007

FREE time!!

I've been working a lot "credit" hours at work lately. A credit hour is anything over 8 hours in a day. Your credit hours can be banked and later used for time off. I'm saving my precious vacation and sick time for when Adon arrives, so we can get a paycheck for as much of my maternity leave as possible. However, that means I have to work normal days that people usually take off...the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, etc. So, I have been working a few extra hours each week so I can take these days off and enjoy the longer weekends, which allow us to travel to visit J's family more often. We got word today that the President has given an executive order that all federal government agencies wil be closed on Christmas Eve!! This means I get to work less credit hours and still get the day off!! Even working one extra hour in a normal day wears me out, so this is a much appreciated treat!!

No comments: