Sunday, March 22, 2009

On a Mission...

I'm on a mission to stick to our grocery budget! Talk about a challenge! We only have $40 a week, but I'm determined to do it. I'm going to incorporate some ideas I found on www.moneysavingmom.com, like two meatless meals a week. Some of those meatless meals are:
  • Veggie Pizza
  • Breakfast (pancakes, waffles, or crepes & fruit)
  • Baked Potatoes with broccoli & cheese on top w/ a side salad
  • Sandwich Night (i.e. grilled cheese)
  • Cheese Quesadillas
I'm also watching the grocery store ads, especially for the meat I am going to buy. What ways do you save grocery money for your family?

1 comment:

Lori said...

we have been trying to do the same thing. I know having meatless meals is cheaper, I could never come up with any, so thanks for the ideas. As far as hamburger goes, I either buy a pound of turkey burger, which is a fraction of the price and a lot more healthier or I but a big 3 lbs tube of hamburger. I can get 3 meals from that. This week Walmart had them for $6.50 for 3 lbs. You can make meatballs, meatloaf, sloppy joes, tacos and so much more. Another good, healthy side dish is to cut up sweet potatoes (after you have peeled them) into "fries", put on baking sheet, drizzle EVOO over it, sprinke salt and Italian seasoning and bake at 425 for 30min, turning every 10 min.
I know this is long, but I just thought I would help. I understand trying to stick to a tight budget.