Friday, May 22, 2009

Too Cute...

Adon, on his hands and knees, looked at the full dog food bowl this evening and shook his head no. Also, Adon took about 8 or 10 steps today!

In other news, it's been pretty warm, and our air conditioner isn't working. I've been trying to stay cool the best I can, but I definitely don't remember being this hot when I was pregnant with Adon. I just keep reminding myself that my mom was pregnant through the whole summer without air with Jamie (and my dad slept through it in the heat of the day). I know we need a new air conditioner, but several people have mentioned it just might need some freon. However, I don't want to pay for a service call for someone to tell me we need a new unit and there's nothing they can do. If anyone knows someone willing to come out and look at it, please let us know. We don't mind to pay for the freon or work on it, but don't want to waste money for them to tell us that nothing can be done.

Only 5 more weeks until D-Day! People from church usually bring meals for a couple of weeks after a baby is born. However, I'm compiling a list of meals to make and freeze in the next 5 weeks for those still groggy weeks after Baby arrives. So far, I've got:
  • Lasagna (one 13x9 pan will make 4 meals for us)
  • Broccoli/Rice/Cheese/Chicken Casserole (makes at least 2 meals for us)
  • Brown Bag Burritos (2 meals)
  • Ham & Cheddar Calzones (1 meal)
  • BBQ Chicken Pizza (1 meal)
I've made up 4 pizza crusts (using fresh herbs picked from my garden!!) and frozen them to use for pizza/calzones. Anyone have any good ideas for meals that freeze well?

I'm also working really hard to keep our groceries as inexpensive as possible to allow enough money for these extra meals. This week...I only spent $60 for two weeks worth of groceries plus enough food almost 10 freezer meals! Thank you, Jesus! Now, I need a cool day to cook/bake these meals without sweating to death!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I feel sorry for you and wish I could help in some way with your A/C, I hope you find someone honest that can help. I was hot as a fox with Adriana, and that was in the middle of the winter, so I can't imagine how hot you are. Take it easy!