Thursday, May 24, 2007

Blah kinda day(s)

The last few days, though they've had their highlights, have been kinda blah. I woke up with a headache yesterday, so I took some ibuprofen and went back to bed. A couple of hours later, I got up to get ready for work. However, I reached to pull a mixing bowl out of the cabinet and tweaked something in my neck. Within an hour, I had a sharp pain between my neck and my right shoulder. I couldn't move much without pain, so I didn't do much. Highlight...despite the pain in my neck, getting free (even though you still have to pay for Metro tickets) tickets to the Cardinal game last night. We saw 3 homeruns and the Cards take the Pirates.

Today, I woke up tired, because I could only sleep in one position without pain. I called into work, because I can't really drive. It's hard to drive when you can't turn your head to check your blindspots or to reverse! My only goal then for the day was to get to a chiropractor. However, the chiropractor I saw last time wasn't open today. I finally got an appointment with one a friend recommended. They couldn't do much in one treatment, although the massage was nice. So here I am, forced to be still, catching up on email and blogging that I've neglected since Gram got sick. Highlight...spending the day with my wonderful husband, playing video games (Viva Pinata and the new Pirates game), and watching Pirates 1 & 2 to prepare for the Pirates 3 premier tomorrow!

Check back soon. I'll be posting pics of our new puppy Maximus!

No comments: