Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Look what I got!!!

I went to the produce stand to get some bananas today, because J and Adon go through about 5 pounds a week! I picked out about 6 good California peaches and was ready to check out. Next to the cash register was a box of bruised peaches majorly marked down. Now, we're not talking bruised so bad you can't eat them. Just a soft spot here or there. Easy enough to cut out spots. The 6 California peaches I picked out were $2.90. The 32 bruised peaches in the box next to the cash register were $2.00!!!!! First, I'm going to make some peach muffins. Then I'm going to peel and cut them to freeze and use for smoothies and peach cobbler and....oh, the possibilities! Please let me know if you have any good ideas/recipes that I can try with my new-found treasure!

PS - Did you know you can often ask for "ripe" bananas at a produce stand if you want to make some banana bread/muffins? They're about half the price of the regular bananas!

No comments: