Side Note: As I'm typing, J is playing Incredible Hulk on the XBOX 360. He just figured out how to throw humans really high. They bounce. They get up and run away. They land on taxis. And I'm laughing...because he's laughing hysterically at the bouncing people. :o)
Adon is officially toddling! This evening, he walked from his room to the fridge (about 10 steps). He walked from one side of the kitchen to the other (about 10-12 steps). He even did it trying to drink from his cup! He's so cute! He is so proud of himself and looks to me or J for a cheer when he reaches his destination.
He is picking up some more signs and using the familiar ones sort of regularly. We've also been teaching him how to pick up his toys. I'm sure it will take a bit of time before he'll do it on command, but it will be nice to have a "helper" pick up toys, especially with another little person around.
I have the best husband in the whole world! He's so supportive and helpful. He's in the kitchen now, cleaning up from dinner so I can rest after cooking all day. His mom did a phenomenal job in raising him. I'm so blessed! I hope that Adon learns from his example so his future wife will be equally blessed! By the way, today I:
- cooked a pot of black beans (some of which we used to make black bean burgers for dinner, the rest we'll freeze for later use)
- baked two loaves of bread
- made three bags of bread mix
- baked a batch of sugar cookies
- baked a double batch of brownies (one to take to church on Sunday for a pot luck meal)
- baked cornbread for the baby stash
- cooked 6 pounds of chicken breast to freeze/use for meals for the baby stash
- prepared ham & cheese calzones to freeze for the baby stash
- picked some herbs from our garden and staked the pepper plants, which were falling over from the storm last night (we have a few green tomatoes and a TON of mini yellow squash)
- burned my finger getting stuff out of the oven