Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Slowing Down

With 18 days until Baby-day (well, the estimated Baby-day), I'm really starting to slow down. I feel so tired even after not doing much. I have a few more things I'd like to prep for the freezer, but there's no way I can do a whole day of it as I have the past couple of weeks. Today, I have to make bread (for J's lunches), so I thought I'd make some Blueberry Banana Muffins as long as I've got the oven on. Perhaps, I'll get one main dish made up for the after-the-Baby-arrives-freezer-stash. I've got some ground turkey I need to use up, so I'm thinking about Mini Meatloaves (made with BBQ sauce instead of ketchup and baked in muffin pans). This is one of J's favorites, which is always a little extra motivation for me to cook. :o)

Well, the ants are gone. However, the bug man had to come back yesterday to spray/bomb the attic for spiders. We've seen a number of brown recluse spiders since he was here to spray in March, and he's been back 3 more times since our semi-annual spray to take care of these blasted pests. The final straw, which is why we opted for the bomb, was a spider on the couch cushion next to me Sunday night. Needless to say, I dreamed there were spiders in my bed all night, and I didn't sleep well as a result. I hope we done with those nasty pests. I can't take any more creepy crawly things.

My 37-week doctor's appointment is on Thursday, which is actually closer to 38 weeks than 37 weeks. I'm anxious to see what she has to say. I've been having quite a few Braxton-Hicks contractions (probably curtousy of Adon's nursing). None that are painful, but I can tell they are getting stronger. My mind keeps wondering when the baby is going to come. I know I can't do anything about it or to speed it up, but I can't stop thinking about it. I'm usually ok during the day when my mind is preoccupied, but when I lay down at night, my mind goes into full gear..."Is it gonna be tonight?" Which is completely silly, since I still have 18 days until I'm even close. However, I haven't been sleeping well because my brain is on overload..."Was that the baby moving or a contraction?" I've done this before, I'll know when I'm in labor. But my mind races on. Plus, with crazy dreams and having to use the bathroom 2-3 times a night, my mind has plenty of time for thinking and not sleeping. This could be a big contributor to why I'm so tired and really slowing down. I'm so thankful for a gracious husband who prefers my rest and well-being over a tidy house! I'm looking forward to taking a nap or two when Adon does today. Only 3 more hours until our first nap!

No comments: