Thursday, August 28, 2008

Memories

Gram used to make lemonade from those little packets of yellow "fake" lemonade powder. She'd always mix it with a wooden spoon and just rinse it off (not really washing it), because it was sugar-free. Gram let me lick the container after I poured the contents into the pitcher. Tuesday night we had company, and I made "fake" lemonade. I licked the container, and it reminded me of Gram.

Gram LOVED Raisin Bran Crunch cereal. She loved to get it at Target when it was on sale. She would stock up. And we would eat Raisin Bran Crunch at her house. We bought some Raisin Bran Crunch on sale recently. Every time I eat a bowl, I remember Gram.

It's funny what little things will trigger a memory. I'm glad that God wired us that way. Those little memories will keep Gram in our hearts for a long time.

What memories do you have? What triggers memories for you?

No comments: